Monday, May 28, 2007

fun times and good finds


Kaiden spent another awesome weekend with his Great Aunt Jane and he just can't stop talking about all the fun they had! They thoroughly explored the Lowry Park Zoo, went to Clearwater Beach where Kaiden got to be part of a show with Dallas the fire breather and he "juggled a plate", they went swimming at his favorite cousin Jevon's house, and SO much more. Thank you Great Aunt Jane for all the memories!!!!

Here are 3 great finds I made this weekend. Our Hancock Fabrics is going out of business and I got a ridiculous amount of beautiful fabric at 80% off! I love the lime green print! Our neighbor works at Hibbs Farm and Garden and got us some gorgeous plants for our soon to be butterfly garden out back. And I got this Curious George book at Brandt's Used bookstore, a run down, dilapidated shack that needs to be condemned. It looks something like this. But I didn't know that I had been charged $10.50 for a book made in the 1950's!!! You could say I was just a tad upset about that (some of Pop's Jewishness rubbing off there). But once Kaiden and I read the book I felt a lot better. The book is so funny and has adorable illustrations. We especially loved the part when the ostrich swallowed the bugle and the circus men were trying to get it out!!! What a funny story this was!
***edit: for some strange reason the internet doesn't want you to see these pics! sorry!***

1 comment:

The McManuses said...

Can't see any of the pics.