Wednesday, August 8, 2007

the dreaded question

"How does another person grow inside your belly, Mom?"
After about ten minutes of me trying to give Kaiden the answer he was looking for and failing miserably he finally asks,
"No Mom, how does the baby actually GET INSIDE of your belly?!?!"
I begin to fumble with my words, trying to think of the right way to say it...
"Well Kaiden, a baby is made when a sperm and an egg meet."
"Oh Look!!!! A fire truck!!!!"
WHEW! Saved. I'll have to think of a better answer for the next time the question comes around. We have no problem giving him an educated answer but sometimes you're just caught off guard and don't know what to say! Ha ha ha....any suggestions?

3 comments:

The McManuses said...

boys have penises and girls have vaginas.

Crystal and Kaiden said...

yes, he knows that one well!!! But HOW does the baby get there Karla? What did you say to Gillian?

The McManuses said...

I don't know if she asked yet. I can't remember. Mallorie knows all about it. I'm sure Mallorie will tell her and I won't have to. I'm counting on it. HA!!