Monday, October 15, 2007

the demolition boys

We've had a bit of a problem for a while with a large hole in the wall of our shower. We knew that there was a very big problem going on behind that wall - MOLD - but we decided to cover the hole with ducktape until we could properly deal with the issue. While I was at work last night Randy and Kaiden were "wrecking the shower" (Kaiden's words because I was speachless for what to call this).

Thank goodness I wasn't home to witness this event!!!! The two of them were equipt with all the right stuff to deal with it and knew not to say something to me until the damage had already been done. Those crazy boys, what am I going to do with them? They took care of the horrible mess, got rid of the mold, and took down the wet wall.



When I got home Randy had me cover my eyes and wanted to get a picture of my reaction. Photo below:


Needless to say we cannot take a shower until the wall is fixed! Randy has 5 days off this week so I know what we'll be doing! But it needed to be done and probably never would have been knowing how I procrastiate EVERYTHING! Thank you Randy for taking care of this, especially while I wasn't home. I truly appreciate it! I would have DIED watching the you go at it!!!!

2 comments:

The McManuses said...

I'm impressed. But I will be really impressed when I see the new tile! You go boy!

Crystal, the reaction is priceless!!

Crystal and Kaiden said...

mm karla, i dont think there will be new tile...haha! i tried to match the tile, and it turns out that the 1950's "pepper speckled" tile is no longer made, and impossible to match. so i have the option of mixing tiles and making a pattern in the shower, or buying and installing a "shower wrap". i have somone coming over on the 17th to give me an estimate.

you missed out on a good time. you should hvae been there!