Saturday, June 14, 2008

cock-a-doodle-doo

Check out the chickens - They are all grown up! We were hoping we had all hens but it turns out we were blessed with two roosters. So now meet Gretchen, Mr. Bird, and Winston. I absolutely adore my chickens and was so sad when one morning I heard some slight cock-a-doodle-dooing. We are allowed to have chickens as long as there is no noise disturbance. I was in search of a new home for them the next day.


So now here they are in their new luxury coop - complete with their own tree for roosting and a special nest just for Gretchen.


I'm terribly sad to see them go to another home. I miss letting them out every morning and having them follow me around the backyard clucking with excitement while I water my garden. But they now have a wonderful place to live and good people to care for them. Plus, we can visit whenever we want!

3 comments:

U+Me=Us said...

Crap those are some big birds! So what lucky farm took them in?

PS(I love your Mother's day pics!)

Anonymous said...

Wow you finally updated Lol your birds are quite big now

Samantha Emillie said...

Welcome back! I've missed your almost daily updates.

Poppa