Wednesday, May 9, 2007

cleaning up the earth one baggie at a time

With a stash of plastic lunch baggies stuffed into the front of his underpants(the only thing he was wearing) Kaiden set off down our street. While tagging along I asked what he was doing and he replied "cleaning up the Earth Mom". He continued to pick up a piece of trash and put it in a baggie, hand it to me, take out the next baggie from his stash, and put another piece of trash in. And so it went until all of his baggies had exactly one piece of trash inside- 10 baggies to be exact. I tried explaining that he could fill up one baggie until it was full so we wouldn't be wasting them and making even more trash but that just wouldn't do!

Now our street is litter free, Mother Earth is beaming, and I'm all out of baggies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! I love Kaiden's extremist attitude toward environmental clean up!