Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I love my Mummy!

Recently Kaiden has shown a lot of interest in the subject of Egypt, especially mummies. I bought him a few books from the bookstore about Egypt and he absorbed all that he could in the past few days.

Now he is on a mummy kick! We have a pyramid drawn on our driveway with underground passage ways for us to explore, and a burial chamber. Kaiden is the mummy fast asleep in his sarcophagus. I am the archaeologist who is in search of the great pyramid and I come across the mummy and "excavate" him only to have him chase me around the pyramid!

Kaiden has also made his own book about Egypt that is continuously growing with pictures of pyramids and mummies. Yesterday we bought some ace bandages and wrapped him up like a real mummy! We even rented movies about Egypt. Today his goal is to make himself his own sarcophagus. I'm not sure how that is going to be done but with Kaiden, anything is possible!

No comments: